Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Artist Statement for The Great Debate Collages

             Shiva Rashedi

  As of 2011 Students in 8thgrade will be assessed and take Algebra 1        

  With my first image was con for Algebra 1 for 8th graders in 2011. I wanted to express the expensive cost of the law of Algebra 1 for the 8th graders. It is going to cost too much and I wanted to get people to think of how exactly they were going to pay for this big proposal, while trying to deal with dept already. I wanted to make a metaphorical collage, as like money does not grow on trees, then surely it does not fall from the sky. I first had to get the money tree image and had to use the quick selection tool to then make it a layer on the money falling form the sky picture, my attempt was to make it collide together then I had to give a sentence to get people to think exactly what and how is this supposed to be accomplished. I chose my images to reflect the metaphor that money does not come that easy.

            My second image for pro education is trying to give the metaphor that children need a background of math for life. I had to layer mask the math background and then I had to quick select the extra background of the classroom to make the math problems the background, so I had the students added as a layer. When I think of math I think of math problems so I needed to find a math problem picture to show the meaning of math in the picture, then I thought about who needs to learn it, students! So I searched for classroom pictures. I wanted to say that students would need a good background in math because in life math takes a huge roll in many things, like bills, loans, buildings, time, excreta. Many people need to know math for the many possible things that cold happen, it can also bring a strong mind in any field, and can give many advantages to new inventions, or life in general.

            My third image, which is also pro for education I wanted to give people the metaphor that they need to think exactly what is best for the students, and that money will be needed and that it will go to a worthy cause, with a better math education you can later have more of a benefit from the smart math community that were taught well. Money on the mind can be taken care of with a good sense in math to know how to divide, subtract, and multiply your money. I had to layer mask the teacher teaching math, then I had to quick select a bit of the skull to make it more of a collage, I had to quick select a stack of money from a bigger picture, then I had to fill in color into the picture to give a more steady background. After I was done quick selecting I had to make new layers on the layer mask of the background of the teacher picture to make it all come together. So first I tried to look for an image thinking of money, a teacher teaching math, and a stack of money. I wanted to give a forward idea to people to think where their money should go, so money, money on the mind, teacher teaching math, going back to money, I wanted to make it a circle of rotation. So math is a costly subject to teach but it will give people a better piece of mind that money is going to a good cause for the future and beyond.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home